Aleksandra Savicheva stops Zeba Bano of India at ONE Friday Fights 5
26 February 2023
Aleksandra Savicheva secured a first-round stoppage win over Indian MMA fighter Zeba Bano at ONE Friday Fights 5. This was the debut for Aleksandra under the ONE Championship banner and she made it memorable by making quick work of Zeba.
With the win, Aleksandra improved her record to 2-0 and will be looking to build on the same.
Zeba, on the other hand, suffered her second straight loss in ONE Championship. Prior to this, she had made her ONE Championship debut against Nat Jaroonsak at ONE 157. Nat managed to finish Zeba in the first round itself via a submission (armbar).
The Indian was looking to return from this loss when she went up against her Russian counterpart but suffered a quick loss. Zeba was also scheduled to fight Lea Bivins and Victoria Lee after her fight with Jaroonsak but both the fights failed to go through.
You can see the complete results from the event below.
ONE Friday Fights 5 Results:
- Superball Tded99 defeats Kongklai Annymuaythai via unanimous decision
- Denkriangkrai Singha Mawynn defeats Songchana Tor Brucelee via split decision
- Namphongnoi Sor Sommai defeats Ploypanlan PK Saenchai via knockout at 0:57 of round one
- Teeyai PK Saenchai defeats Jelte Blommaert via TKO at 3:00 of round one
- Iony “Iron Fist” Lawrence defeats Ploymuangjan Smile Muaythai via TKO at 1:58 of round one
- Khunsuk Sor Dechapan defeats Yodbuangarm Luckybuntherng via knockout at 0:52 of round two
- Furkan Karabag defeats Revo Sor Sommai via TKO at 0:37 of round three
- Fritz “Kid Tornado” Biagtan defeats Nurmukhammad “Uzbek Gladiator” Adamkhonov via knockout at 4:36 of round three
- Aleksandra Savicheva defeats Zeba “Fighting Queen” Bano via TKO at 3:39 of round one
- Dedduanglek Tded99 defeats Temirlan Bekmurzaev via unanimous decision
- Hannah Brady defeats Claire “Chun-Li” Rankine via knockout at 2:07 of round one
- Chihiro Sawada defeats Sanaz “Eagle” Fayazmanesh via submission (Americana) at 0:53 of round two
What are your thoughts on the
LEAVE A COMMENT
Please login to leave a comment