UFC 241 Results: Stipe Miocic stops Daniel Cormier, Nate Diaz gets a decision win on return
28 August 2019
Stipe Miocic dethroned Daniel Cormier from the top of the UFC Heavyweight division and recaptured the Heavyweight title at UFC 241.
Miocic, who lost the title to Cormier a few months back, came back strong in the rematch and secured a fourth-round finish. Meanwhile, in the co-main event, a returning Nate Diaz outclassed former champion Anthony Pettis and marked an eventful comeback.
After the fight, Nate also called out Jorge Masvidal for a fight. Paulo Costa and Yoel Romero went to war in their showdown with Costa coming out on top via a decision. Sodiq Yussuf and Derek Brunson also ended up on the winning column. Khama Worthy delivered a praise-worthy performance and went home with a first-round stoppage win in the event.
Below are the complete results from the event.
- Sabina Mazo def. Shana Dobson via unanimous decision (30-24, 30-25x2)
- Kyung Ho Kang def. Brandon Davis via split decision (29-28x2, 28-29)
- Hannah Cifers def. Jodie Esquibel via unanimous decision (30.27x2, 30-28)
- Casey Kenney def. Manny Bermudez via unanimous decision (29-28x3)
- Drakkar Klose def. Christos Giagos via unanimous decision (29-28x3)
- Cory Sandhagen def. Raphael Assuncao via unanimous decision (30-27x2, 29-28)
- Khama Worthy def. Devonte Smith via first-round KO - POTN
- Derek Brunson def. Ian Heinisch via unanimous decision (29-28x3)
- Sodiq Yusuff def. Gilbert Benitez via first-round TKO
- Paulo Costa def. Yoel Romero via unanimous decision (29-28x3) - FOTN
- Nate Diaz def. Anthony Pettis via unanimous decision (30-27x2, 29-28)
- Stipe Miocic def. Daniel Cormier via fourth-round KO - POTN
LEAVE A COMMENT
Please login to leave a comment